Chocolate and vanilla in one cake? What can go wrong?
I love making this loaf cake, it’s so easy and you’ll get a unique looking loaf cake each time.
The end result will be a super moist cake with a beautiful looking pattern in the middle.
It’s perfect as a dessert (with custard) or just as a snack with a nice hot cup of coffee/tea.
- 2 cups plain flour (200g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200g)
- 250g butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp milk (if the batter is too thick)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and whisk.
- Add half the flour and the baking powder. Whisk, then add the rest of the flour.
- Add the milk if the batter is too thick.
- Divide half the batter into a separate bowl and add the cocoa powder.
- Line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Add a couple spoonfuls of the vanilla batter and spread over the loaf.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of the chocolate batter.
- Sprad it over the top then add more vanilla then more chocolate and repeat until you have finished both batters.
- With a skewer, mix the batter lightly, until you’re happy.
- Do not over mix otherwise you won’t get a nice pattern.
- Bake for around an hour or until cooked through
- After 30mins, turn the oven temperature down to 150 degrees.
Quick and easy, now you can sit down and enjoy!
For help with any recipes on my blog, email me – firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter, snapchat and instagram – eatwitharli