I could live off of ice cream. Big statement to make but I honestly adore it and in this scorching heat it acts as a great cooler.
I know making ice cream sounds daunting but I promise it is so easy and this recipe doesn’t even require an ice cream maker. I refuse to buy an ice cream maker when we only get a weeks worth of sun in the UK.
I decided to make four types: lemon, rum and raisin, ferrero rocher and pistachio.
The base for all four ice creams is exactly the same so you can add whatever you want to your ice cream.
Base Ingredients (for each ice cream):
- 284ml double cream
- 397g full fat condensed milk
- Whip the double cream until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl pour the condensed milk and add the toppings of your choice.
- Add the zest and juice of 2 lemons to the condensed milk.
- Add the condensed milk mixture to the double cream and gently mix.
- Add the mixture to a container and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Rum and Raisin:
- Add 1 cup of raisins to a bowl with 5tbsp of dark rum.
- I leave the raisins to soak overnight.
- Add the raisins and rum to the condensed milk.
- Just like the lemon ice cream, mix the condensed milk mixture with the cream and place in a container for at least 6 hours.
- Add a handful of crushed ferreros, handful of chopped hazelnuts and 2tbsp of nutella to the condensed milk.
- Stir gently so that the nutella isn’t fully mixed.
- Add the mixture to the whipped double cream. Place into a container and freeze for 6 hours.
- Finely grind a cup of pistachios.
- Add the ground pistachios and a few whole ones to the condensed milk.
- Pour the condensed milk mixture into the double cream and stir.
- Freeze for 6hours at least.
Note: because the ice cream is not made with an ice cream maker, it will start to melt quicker!
Ice cream is a great crowd pleaser and anyone you make this for is bound to be impressed!
If you need any more help with this recipe, or any other recipe email me at email@example.com